Friday 16 June 2017

Let's Go Green

Hello Craft Lovers,

Have been busy making cards for the past two days. Made one card for Papa since Father's Day is just a couple of days away and I also made 5 Hari Raya cards for family and friends. Since Raya or Eid al-Fitr as it is known around the world is just a week away, I don't think I can post the cards. It will not reach on time. So have to give it by hand when I meet all of them.

Hari Raya Handmade Cards


For this Raya card above, I used a green card for base. I blend the light green and cream card as a background for my red flowers. I used a doily border punch for the cream coloured card and I embossed the light green card with a leafy embossing folder.

Red Stamp Paper Flowers


The red flowers are stamped and die cut using my Spellbinders Sapphire. The white doily resembles a plate or saucer with two ketupats on it.  The ketupat (a type of rice dumpling) is made from rice, packed inside a diamond shape case/pouch  that is of woven coconut leaf. But I made it out of green and yellow colour paper, definitely without any rice inside.

Paper Ketupat


I better keep this post short and sweet, since I have a few more other cards to share with all of you.

Eid Handmade Cards


Until then, don't forget to Craft With Love


CRAFT CHALLENGES

Crafting From The Heart - Challenge #163
Get Creative Challenge - Challenge #59
Addicted To Stamps And More - Challenge #246
Addicted To Stamps - Challenge #150
Pammie's Inky Pinkies - Challenge # 1724

💖Karen Monica💖

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! Your little rice pouches are awesome! Thanks for joining in with us at PIP Challenges!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card. So unique. The pouch is unbelievable. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous
    thanks for playing with us at addicted to stamps
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete